Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Can I stop my sharp TV stop pixelating ?

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the tv?Does this happen with all inputs/sources (cable/satellite, dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?Is the tvs on screen setup menu affected also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LCD LC32LE320E
All input sources - but not a smart TV
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also distorts sound on DVDs
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Is the sharp on screen setup menu also pixelated?Are you getting lines, either vertical or horizontal? How many pixels appear to be "out"?If you could send a photo that would be very helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Set up not pixelating across the screen mainly but jumps about in boxes sort of How would I send you a picture ? And it's not doing it at the monent
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You can attach with the paperclip icon here, or you can upload a photo to any file sharing website (imgur, dropbox, google docs, wikisend, etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just taken photo of it doing it and have 2 image.jpg how do I send that my TV tells me it has no signal at times as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see have sent 2 photos
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Does this happen only with hdmi inputs? Can you check analog source (red/white/yellow, red/green/blue, scart, etc) and let me know if you have the issue that way as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does hdmi input mean please and is the analog source those red white yellow plug in connectors - then not sure what your asking me - sorry
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hdmi means hdmi, it is the wide flat connector used by most newer dvd and bluray players and other equipment. Analog is the red/white/yellow (composite video) or red/green/blue (component video)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This TV is not connected to cable TV it is connected to an aerial on the roof
I have checked that those connections are in ok- the hdmi and red white and yellow ones
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
With what device though? I understand you are using aerial with internal tuner.You said you have a dvd player, how is that connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Through the hdmi and the red white and yellow wires
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I try disconnecting the DVDs player a
Together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meant to say altogether
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Which one, it doesn't use both. Please test just one at a time and let me know if it happens on both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens on both
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect - a faulty main/control board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2011 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed.If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.For a tv of this size/age though, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty of this size for $200-250.Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the bad news,Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience: Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nathan - well had a learning experience on computering communications - sending a photo - felling a super 70 yr old - yes sad outcome - dying TV eh? Will try reset tomorrow - but as you suggest new TV might be needed x
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, and best of luck to you. Nathan