Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TV model TX-32lzd81 serial number ne8633957

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TV model TX-32lzd81 serial number ne8633957 which was in perfect working order until I decided to download a software update around 2 weeks ago. I thought I should accept and run the download as a matter of course but that was a mistake. Now after the download it will not retain DVB programmes. I have to tune the programmes in every time I switch on. This is quite annoying. I have tried resetting the software to Shipping conditions but this does not recover the situation. What should I do to get my serviceable TV back?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to update software one more time if TV let you do it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have not tried a further update as I can only do so when an opportunity arises. It was the one and only update I have received in the 4 years (approx) that I have owned the set. Regards *****

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, how did you update the software?Was it available over air or USB stick/ memory card etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It appeared on the television screen and I assumed it came from Panasonic so I complied and agreed to the update which took 20 minutes

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
ah OK, it seems software update has interrupted for some reason during update and got corrupted that is why memory chip isn't storing channels data after scanning the channels.
There are two options, either wait for next software update that Panasonic might release (not sure when) which will help to resolve the problem OR swap the main board in TV that will resolve the problem quickly.
Required main board part number is ***** 1A TXN/A10NXJ and available at following board supplier..
https://flattvparts.co.uk/panasonic-tx-32lzd81-main-av-tnph0756-1-a-txn-a10nxj
and following link shows image of main board of TV..
http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/tnph0756-1a-txna10nxj-a-32lzd81-panasonic-tx-32lzd81-main-board
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.