info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a KDL-26S2030 TV. (2 problems)1. Using text I select

I have a KDL-26S2030 TV. (2 problems)
1. Using text I select a subject and the only response I get is 'Loading', which just stays and locks there in most instances. I cannot get out of Text mode by pressing the Text key but have to change TV channels and then back to Ch 1 and start again.
2. Being partially deaf, I have a need to use Subtitles. Until recently this was fine but now they generally race through so fast that I am unable to read them. (If they appear at all)!
Could this be a transmission problem?
Hope you can help. Thank you.
(Tried the local Sony dealer but it became very apparent that I was talking to a telephonist who didn't seem to grasp the problem and I was not able to speak to an engineer).
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

How are you viewing TV services?satellite/cable box/aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am viewing via Aerial.

(You have a link enabling someone to speak to an advisor but due to my hearing, that is out of the question.)

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Brian its bad firmware, its going corrupt, there is no firmware upgrade for this set at the sony site so the mainboard inside the set will need to be replaced if you/someone you know think you can do this work I will provide all the necesssary info for doing that just let me know

Just a note on the firmware, this is essential data that controls the sets hardware without it the hardware wont run (dead TV)when it starts going bad the set will become unstable

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site.

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Anthony. very satisfied.

Brian.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Brian if you/someone you know think you can replace the mainboard (cost around £40) let me know

Brian remember please to rate using the rating bar with this post so I receive credit from the site thanks again

Anthony