info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

When turning tv on a shadow appears at the top 4 inches of

when turning tv on a shadow appears at the top 4 inches of the screen some times it flickers and goes away in a short time some times some times it is 30 mins but it does clear in the end

the tv is a Samsung smart tv

Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?

In addition to that I will need to know how you are viewing Tv services please?satellite /cable box/aerial?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TV service is by aerial the shadow is darker on the left of screen

The model number is ***** the TV set is a Samson Smart TV

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry but what you are describing is a problem with the LCD panel itself (screen)this problem of dark shadows or clouds is caused by the polarizors within the panel going intermittent the set may go back to normal during temperature changes within the panel as the set gets warmer I am sorry I do not have better news LCD panel failure in one way or another is very common, if the set is under 3 years old you should complain directly to samsung via the website, it is not an option to replace the panel due to cost Let me know if you need more info/help A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site.RegardsAnthony