info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Samsung led 40in, the sound & the colour are perfect

I have a Samsung led 40in, the sound & the colour are perfect But the picture is distorted, I see two of everything.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question I will need the model number please found on the back of the set? Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ue40d5000pwxxu

version no 03

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu itself messed up too?or is this perfectly normal?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if i turn on the set with no ariel in, it says no signal twice one under the other. when i checked the menu it was perfect. ( menu was shown once ) only.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Are you watching TV via a satellite or cable box?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am watching tv via sky satellite & i also have rte 1 ,2 3,4,with an ordinnary ariel on the chimney.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
And I am assuming its the same with both

I am also assuming you have re-booted the set by unplugging the set from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again

If so then because the sets own menu is good it does not have double lettering or is not distorted by this issue that rules out the t-con board and the LCD panel.

I do suggest that you check the firmware is the latest version and if it is not upgrade it, if the set is connected to the internet I would guess that has already happened however please compare with what is here

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D5000PWXXU <<click

If it is the same version firmware (upto date) you may need to reset the TV to factory default we will discuss that when you have a look at the firmware, the firmware version will be in the settings menu

Let me know please
Anthony