Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have just bought a Samsung monitor type LS227OHD. After a

Customer Question

I have just bought a Samsung monitor type LS227OHD. After a while it turns itself off. It is then almost impossible to turn on again. You are supposed to push a power symbol on the escutcheon but it can be hours before at random it works. What to do.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. This is a common symptom with both Samsung monitors and TV's, and actually indicates an out of spec power supply when the unit is cold (meaning has been turned off for any length of time). Once it warms up- the components reach operating temp and are in spec allowing the unit to operate as long as it's left on- and until the next time it's shut off. This requires hardware repairs in order to fix the issue (either the power supply board itself, or replacing the capacitors on this board). If this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will typically charge $150-$175 parts and labor for this repair- which is not cost effective considering the monitor can be replaced for that price. If the monitor is less than one year from the date of purchase, then you would want to contact Samsung directly, and start a warranty repair ticket. If over a year, and considering a DIY repair- let me know and I will continue to assist you further. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.