info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic television "Quintrix", and last

I have a Panasonic television "Quintrix", and for the last two years have been using a Grundig Freeview box with it. Recently the Freeview box has not been working and I felt it was the remote control that was at fault. Last week I purchased a ***** ***** 2 in 1 remote control and have tried repeatedly to set this up and to be able to use my TV. I watch television every day and am missing the regular and special problems I would like to watch. I am not at all skilled in technical matters and now that I am retired and in my late 60s my skills are getting worse and I would be very grateful for some help that will enable me to see some of the last days of Wimbledon, the Tour to France and other programmes.
Can you advise whether the 2 in 1 remote control I have purchased should be able to work with a Grundig Freeview box and a Panasonic tv? A friend has suggested I buy a new television with digital set up included. I have been very happy with my Panasonic but have to say that over the last few months there has been a yellow patch on one side of the screen and a turquoise patch on the other side. I am not keen to spend money on a new TV but would you say that my present one is likely to fail in the near future?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

That remote you got from ***** ***** is no good for this, it would be a better option to replace the freeview box you can pick one up for about £20 from a supermarket, as for the coloured patches that is the tube gaussed up (if its not too bad) OR the PTC thermistor in the set, it may or may not get worse if its gaussed (magnetised)then these patches may disappear on there own

In the short term just replace the freeview box they are very cheap

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open

Anthony