Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung UE60H6200AK TV that I bought a few weeks

Hi - I have a Samsung UE60H6200AK TV that I bought a few weeks ago. I have an Oppo BDP-103 player that, when connected via HDMI, isn't recognised by the TV - I get a message saying there is no signal. I also have a Skybox that connects via HDMI and that is okay. Is there a compatibility issue between the TV and the Oppo player, or is there another issue involved?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you hooked HDMI cable in HDMI Out-1 port on back of bluray player?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Please press Resolution button on lower left of bluray remote, does any thing appear on TV screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still says No Cable Connected.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, does TV select and stay on HDMI input where bluray is hooked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, goes straight to No Cable Connected and asks to check blu ray settings - which obviously I can't via the TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Was TV working fine with this bluray player or its first time setup?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the player hasn't worked with the TV at all.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you hook the bluray player in working HDMI input where Sky box is hooked as a test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried that as well and no different - still no connection.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
This is odd, it seems bluray player has stuck on high video resolution (4K) so this TV is unable to process its video signal and bluray needs to connect to UHD TV (4K compatible) to get setup screen where you will be able to select 2K resolution then connect the player to Samsung TV for normal operation.
Is it possible for you to hook the bluray player to 4K TV nearby or take it to store to reduce the video output resolution?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have access to a UHD TV (4K compatible) so will need to take it into a store. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated!

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.