Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I can't turn on my Samsung television. The red light went off

I can't turn on my Samsung television. The red light went off when the electricity went off last night and I can't get it on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first ;

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
If you pull out the power cord for a minute is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried plucking it out a few times but there's no light on or no click when I plug it back in.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Ok then your TV has a power board problem , how do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know with the tv`s model number and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

By the way , i will need the tv`s model number in any case if i`m to give you an idea of the costs

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model is PS42A451P1 do u need anything else?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

The model number will be fine for now thanks.

Perhaps would like to know if you intend to work on this yourself ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd like to try working on it myself if that's possible. Thanks. Tony
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem , looking for parts as we speak , how old is this tv by the way ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 5 years old I'd say. Not quite sure.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem , just found it and it was made in 2008 , sorry this takes a while but keep finding parts for the PS42A457P1 instead of PS42A451P1
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
By the look of it , I will need the number directly on your power board , this number will start with the letters BN as in BN-440004A , look at the link below , that is what it will look like and may even be the correct board even if the model numbers do not match , those parts are often used in various models;https://flattvparts.co.uk/samsung-ps-42a456p2d-psu-bn44-00204a-rev1.0-dyp-42w3