Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung LED TV series6. It keeps powering off and

I have a Samsung LED TV series6. It keeps powering off and coming up with HDMI message. I have replaced the cable but it is still doing it. Please could you help ***********
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of the tv please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
UE40H6400
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, what specific devices are connected to it? Cable/satellite, dvd, etcIs it powering itself off, and then back on?Or does it shut down, and you have to restart it yourself?What is the exact message you see on screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BT you view box connected to the TV via HDMI cable. It powers off and then back on by itself. Sometimes it comes back on with no sound. When it comes back on, it shows HDMI on the top
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Do you have anything else other than the bt box available that you can test with the tv, even just temporarily?How often does it shut down like this?If you disconnect the bt box entirely, and turn the tv on to another device or even just a blue screen, does it shut itself down still?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it turns itself off even when disconnected. Every few minutes
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming. How long have you had the tv?It is a 2014 model, so not very old at this point, but have you had it more or less than 12 months?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just under 12 months
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, that is the good news here. The bad news is that Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct;At that point, since it should still be under the factory warranty, your next step will be to contact Samsung to file a warranty claim. They will typically dispatch a tech to your home to repair it.You may reach them at 0330-SAMSUNG Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan