Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a tv model ue32f50000 I have never had a problem

Hi I have a tv model ue32f50000 I have never had a problem before but I have lost a lot of my freeview channels I have scaned it lots of time even put it back to factory setting but still cannot get them I am getting on a bit so I hope it wont be to hard to retrieve them.
Hope you can help thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are the Freeview channels being received directly to the TV- with no external box? Additionally, do other AV Inputs on the set work as they should? How long have you owned the Samsung for and when did the problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the freeview comes through the tv the only other thing I have is a sumsung smart so I can play dvd or watch play back

not sure when I brought it it was not that long ago

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, is the set less than or over one year from the date of purchase? Also, have you checked your aerial with another TV, to ensure the issue is the Samsung and not the aerial?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

0ver a year old and yes have tried others and they are fine

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, then this would appear to be a fault int he TV's tuner. Since you've already reset to factory defaults, and then run a new scan- you've performed all the steps you can try within the TV's controls. Can I ask if you've check for Firmware updates via the TV's internet connection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry don't know what you mean I am a old lady so you will have to forgive me

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Is your TV connected to the internet please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think it is no

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, it would need to be in order to automatically update it's "Firmware". The Firmware is what the TV uses to keep up with updates from Freeview, and also updates from Samsung to keep the TV's performance up to par. You would need to run an Ethernet cable from your Internet router to the TV, and then run through the Samsung's Internet connection steps outlined in the manual starting on page 57: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201203/20120307193044523/X9DVBEU4E-ENG.pdf This is the only user fix we have left, and there's a very good chance that is all the TV needs- is to be able to update it's software. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.