TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Just setting up my smart TV. Ok TV and DVD etc works fine.

Customer Question

Hi just setting up my smart TV. Ok TV and DVD etc works fine. Problem is internet connection. Self diagnostics say everything is connected but when I try to access google, amazon,Netflix etc - error messages such as cannot access/ connect to server and so on. Any answers please.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Check for TV software updates first since it only affects the TV accounts. Then go to your router settings, see if the TV set moved to a different router address. If so, try resetting your router with your TV turned on. Your accounts on your TV may not be working because the router's IP address for the TV may have changed and the apps don't agree with the information on your accounts anymore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your quick reply. Still not working though:

1) I don't understand your first sentence - please tell me exactly what to do?

2) Tried resetting IP address on TV (did it manually ) to the ip address the same as my I Ipad - no difference noted.

3) Switched off my BT router and switched back on. I could access google for about a minute then it kicked out with error message "server not found"

Tried Netflix - errors related to server (ie server 1 not connected NW-2-5). Tried Amazon - errors - "check internet connection".

TV connections diagnostics still showing all connected and OK.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
Still not working though:1) I don't understand your first sentence - please tell me exactly what to do?I don't know your TV's model number -found on the back panel. You need to access your TV menu. Find update software - You can update the TV's firmware from the menu, and usually update software for the APPS in the Smart menu. BOTH are separate areas in your TV set, and apps update separately from the TV's firmware in the menu.No model number...no details on how to Exactly do that. Just basics. 2) Tried resetting IP address on TV (did it manually ) to the ip address the same as my I Ipad - no difference noted.3) Switched off my BT router and switched back on. I could access google for about a minute then it kicked out with error message "server not found"Actually in regards ***** ***** last 2 questions - Turn off the BT router. Press and HOLD the reset button on the back of the router, then power it on and Release the reset button. Power on the TV. Now use the TV's network settings and connect to your router. You'll have to access it, reinstall the router's password ***** get it to reconnect. Once connected, download any software updates to your TV next. Make sure you have a SOLID connection before you do that, or just download it to a USB stick from your computer. You NEED your TV's model number to go to the correct page, and get the USB download.http://www.lg.com/us/support Remember, that TV has been sitting in a warehouse and the Firmware/Software may not be up to present standards, thus the connection problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All sorted now and working!

Thanks very much for your assistance.

KW

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and please rate my information to you.