MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I'm having trouble connecting my Samsung LED TV UE32H4500

I'm having trouble connecting my Samsung LED TV UE32H4500 AKXXU (purchased Oct 2014) with my Drop Box account.
I get as far as Cloud Service - sign into Drop Box - click on blue icon "Allow request for access drop box via Samsung Link device"
The screen (which is at that point on showing my Drop Box account) is blank and when I go to my Drop Box home page it says in red "The request to link the app is invalid"
Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.Was this working for you before?Also did your TV do an automatic update?Thank you for choosing Just Answer. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your response. To answer your questions:

This is the first time that I've tried to access my Dropbox account via my Samsung TV (I repeated the steps outlined in my original question several times before contacting you, each with the same outcome)

I occasionally get a notification to update my TV (it usually prompts me to agree to an update rather than doing it automatically as far as I can see) but this has not happened for several weeks (from memory). Certainly not since I've been trying to connect to my Drop Box.

I hope that this helps and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards.

Maggie

Hi Maggie,thank you for all the info.DO you use a cable or satellite for reception?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The TV is connected to Sky satellite, Michael. The Internet connection is via BT Infinity Home Hub.

I don't experience any other connectivity problems with it eg accessing embedded videos, watching You Tube, Catch up TV etc.

Maggie

Thank you Maggie,Using the TV, Do you have any other internet connectivity issues at all? Like web searches etc?Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, Michael. No problems surfing, watching YouTube, embedded videos, catch up tv etc.

I'm able to log into my Drop Box via tv. Ditto my Samsung account. It's when viewing my Drop Box tv via tv that I can read to error message outined in my original question.

Once I've clicked on 'allow' in the process to agree to Samsung link accessing my Drop Box files things come to a stand still. Connectivity is ok up until this poInt.

Maggie

Is your drop box account for your Cloud Service?Thanks Maggie.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Michael.

I've used my Drop Box account for the last few years for storage of music, videos etc which I've downloaded and played on my phone and laptop as and when I've wanted to.

I got the Samsung tv in October 2014 and only recently noticed that it offers "cloud service" to allow you to access and play/view content uploaded in existing onine storage accounts.

Drop box is an option on the Samsung tv "cloud service" menu which it asks you to link with via the Samsung link app. That's the bit that has been unsuccessful so far.

Maggie

Hi Maggie first thanks for your patience.Do you have your Cloud act fully set up? E mail and all?It will do exactly that if you aren't fully set up.This isn't really a TV problem, thats all working fine.You my need to contact the Cloud service you are using. Its likely Microsoft. About this. if everything is set up correctly then your data should go to and from your TV. The blank screen just means the Cloud isn't sending data. It could be a set up problem but that is a Cloud issue.You will need to do this before we can think its an issue in the TV, all that seems fine form what you tell me.I will stick with you in case you need info on who to call about this issue.Since this may take a little time, please rat emy service to you kindly thus far that way you can contact me anytime and there is no cost to rate in this case;-)Thank you Maggie;-)Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean about my cloud account being fully set up, Michael.

I opened a dropbox account from the Dropbox website a few years ago using my laptop. I had to supply my email address to sign up - which is a Gmail one - and set a password.

Since then I've uplodded big files from my laptop to Dropbox for storage and then downloaded them as required either from the Dropbox website via my laptop or via the Dropbox android app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

I wasn't aware that there was any connection with Microsoft. The only connection between my Dropbox account and email is that I supplied my Gmail address to sign up originally and subsequently to sign in to access files etc I've already uploaded.

Are you saying that I need to contact Dropbox? There is a section on the account where it lists permissions and includes my laptop and my phone which IVE never had a problem with in connecting to/sharing with Dropbox.

What should I do now?

Maggie

Hi Maggie, yes you need to contact them because this sounds like its something they haven't got set up for some reason. When they have all the info they need, the site becomes available to you every time you click to either see something that is stored there or add to it.There is a remote chance that the Tv is having trouble picking this up but I highly doublt it because all the other things you want to do all work and they work on the exact same system. And the same way using the same parts lol;-)Sorry if I was going a bit nuts there, but thats how it works, just trying to explain to you is all;-)if you check with them on this (your account) if they cant get it working please let me know then but I'm sure they will have success!I appologize as I may tend to leave out things in conversation that to me are common knowledge.Have a great day Maggie and please rate kindly.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Michael. Will I get charged for this enquiry? Although I gave rated the service as Good because you've been very attentive I'm not really any further forward yet and I'm yet to learn if contacting Dropbox will be straightforward and/or successful.

I gave my credit card details for a goodwill deposit of £13.

Maggie

Your very welcome Maggie and thank you please rate kindly;-) I wish you the best and I'm sure they will get this straight as well;-)Tech Michael
You may have rated JA but not my service yet please check for that;-)Tech Mike