MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I have a Dmr-xs350eb DVDs recorder I am trying to connect

Hi I have a Dmr-xs350eb DVDs recorder I am trying to connect to frees at but it has no voltage at the dish plug points to energise the lnb is this repairable
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you. Have there been any electrical storms or power outages just recently?Old how old is your Satellite system?Thank you for choosing Just Answer. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The dish has been disconnected from the system for around 3 months now as I was moving it from high up on the roof edge to where it was previously and worked before I disconnected it
The electrical storms were during the time it was disconnected
The system is about 2years old and the Panasonic Dvr is about 3years old
The system did work but I was bringing it down lower so I could get at it easier as I cannot get onto the sloping part of the roof easy now a day
Is it possible the cables have done some damage as they were still connected to the Dvr but not the dish lab
Hi thank you for that.Yes considering all that you have done I would check the cables first. Make sure they didn't damage the connector ends or the jacks at the boxes etc.Then let me know if that is all ok appearance wise for now, also do you have a meter for testing a couple of things? If not you can get a cheap digital one from a store like Home Depot or Lowes or even Sears.SInce its a voltage issue a meter will help a lot to determine where the failure is exactly and how we will fix it;-) I will stick with you until this is complete, and if you want I can call you and we can work over the phone if that seems better for you? Let me know I will send you an offer from JA.If you agree with this, please rate this box kindly then accept the offer and include your phone #, I will then call you at your convenience.If not please simply rate this box before closing it and I will be here for you unril this is fixed at. No cost to you to rate.Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I checked cables on dish side and mains side
I can use the Dvr to play dvd's
I checked the continuity of cables and their is no crossover from main strand to the earthing strands on the dish cables continuity is good no drop age from end to end
Fuses are intact the one I found inside machine as well
It looks like a shop job to test the board that feeds the dish cable sockets
Yeh