info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Sharp DTV LC-32GD8EA. Serial K ###-##-#### After a while picture

Customer Question

Sharp DTV LC-32GD8EA. Serial K ###-##-####
After a while picture and all controls (on tv and remote) freeze, but not sound.
What is wrong and what part do I need?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question The problem is bad firmware however this firmware is no longer available for this set (I will verify) so if that is the case you will need to replace the main-board in the set do you think you can do this?I will provide all the relevant info for that, let me know please Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I can replace.
Can you also give me details of firmware as well as main-board
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
It may not be available please give me 5 mins to check
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
No its not available anymore so you will need to replace the main-board, the firmware will be pre-loaded on the replacement board, the part-number for this board is thisDUNTKD890FM28You may be able to get this board from www.flattvparts.com.uk or www.lcdtvparts.co.uk or google the part-numberIf you need any more help along the way the question will remain open so bookmark this page A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer. RegardsAnthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need anymore help with this please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Thanks, ***** ***** had to go out for a while
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
If you do need more help please just come back to this thread, I happen to know this set very well having worked for sharp some years ago
Just bookmark this page so its easy to get back to.
Just one more thing before you go please make sure you ONLY order that board as there is a board for the LC-32GD8E (with no A) and this board wont work
Thanks for the rating
Anthony