info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a pioneer Kuro KRL-32V LCD TV. Recently it stopped

I have a pioneer Kuro KRL-32V LCD TV. Recently it stopped working - it was following a weekend when there was a very bad storm so I am wondering whether there may have been an electrical surge, although nothing else in the house seems to have been affected.
What happens when I turn the TV is that it seems like it is going to fire up but it goes back into standby and the lights come on in the following pattern:
blue (on) 8 sec
red (standby) 3 sec/blue 6 sec - 10 times
the red/orange (sleep) x2, orange x2, red x2, orange x2, red, orange, red, orange, [pause], red, orange, red, orange x2, red, orange, orange/red x2, orange, (then I just get confused!)
Can anyone help identify the problem?!
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Firstly have you tried re-booting the set?unplugging from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again?please do that if you havent

Let me know if there is any change thank you

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Anthony. Already tried that - it made no difference.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Richard there is the POWER light and the OPC light now you need to count how many times individually these blink between pauses so for example 3 times powerlight 2 times OPC Let me know pleaseAnthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are 3 lights Power (blue), Standby (red) and sleep (orange) and they blink in the pattern above (although by the end of the sequence it gets very confusing so it was hard to get the last couple down). What is the OPC?

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Richard I have no idea at this time why they mention an OPC light as in my data it says the lights you indicate, as well as the opc

OK ignoring that there is a blink pattern that indicates a problem with one of the supply rails so checks with a meter will be needed first to eliminate other issues can you use a meter?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for continuing to try to resolve my problem, Anthony. What sort of meter are you referring to? I probably don't have one but might be able to get one.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
A volt/ohms/amp meter

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Might be getting too technical for me! What would I be testing - the supply or the tv? and if i did test it, what would I be looking for?

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
The back of the TV will need to come off and checks made inside the set ultimately what this will lead to is replacement of a board (assuming boards are still available for this set)

I am sorry its nothing easier

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks again for trying.

Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Richard I am not trying this is the way it has to beSmile

If you dont feeel comfortable with the work and because the set is a small one at 32 inches it may be a better option to replace it a techs fees may exceed to replace

Let me know if I can do anything else thank you

Anthony