Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Samsung LED tv (model ue40h5500ak) - now

hello, I have a Samsung LED tv (model ue40h5500ak) - now when i turn the TV on all i have is the SmartTv logo on the screen, and i have been unable to get past this...

I have tried entering different codes on the remote before power on (from Standby) that i found on the web to get to reset mode but nothing has worked... 

Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions ;

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

By the way , in order to get into service mode with the "mute,182,power" procedure the tv`s main board has to be somewhat functional , the service mode is not a repair but adjustment mode

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jack,

thanks for your email, i had not tried the mute,182,power code, i am at work at the moment, so will try this tonight...

We have indeed had quite a few bug storms recently, but nothing that coincides with the TV quitting... it happened whilst watching it.. the father in law was watching it with my daughter (1 and half year old) and said she was messing with the controller and it happened...

not sure i believe this could be the cause...

i suppose you are suggesting the main board is fried...?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

About the main board ;

If you mean that it may need to be replaced when you say fried then yes it does look like it so far and especially if this happened while watching .

There are no known functions even accidental that can cause this so the daughter is in the clear if you will :)

You can try to get into the service mode but if it does work then just get out of there again without changing anything , there are items in there that could really mess up the tv.

You can also try to pull out the power cord an hour or so before you try that , right now it looks like the main board is confused and needs a cold reboot .

If none of that does it then i would look for your warranty and proof of purchase , this tv was made in 2014 and must still be under some sort of warranty

Let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jack...

if i get into service mode i was hoping to do a factory reset... Embarassed

it sounds like that is not recommended.. is it not simple to do?

so the TV has been unplugged since last night... so the cold reboot will be ready tonight when i get home...

as you say, the TV is new.... bought in Feb 2015, only hung it and switched it on in April... so not much usage... have 4 others and they are working fine.. odds are 1 was gonna break i suppose..

thanks for you help

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You may not need to do anything tonight but if that does not work then i would be surprised if you can get into the service mode but then agan even if you do , DO NOT perform any type of resets whatsoever , just get out of there , your reset is already done if you are able to get in there.