Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Good evening, i have bought a Digihome 42278F tv and it has

Good evening, i have bought a Digihome 42278F tv and it has a usb input and i connected a hard drive with the tv to watch some films but the tv can't recognise the hard drive what should i do thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Was TV working fine before with the same USB HDD for video clips?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid the tv i am talking about is new and i connected the hdd and it does'nt play the films what can i do? Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Zoltan,
Can you please get me complete model number off of your TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid, the modell number is ***** thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model number, I'm working on it and get back to you in 15 minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
What is the system format of connected HDD? is it FAT32 or NTFS.
Please connect the HDD to computer and right click HDD icon then click Properties to check file system.
What format of movie/ video file is on HDD?
for example; mpg, mpeg, vob, mkv and avi file format?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid, The hdd is fat32 format system, the file format is mkv, avi, dvix
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, what happen when push Menu button on remote while HDD is plugged in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i connect the hdd the media browser pops up and the video icon, if i click on this icon it will show the list of films, if i try to open a film it writes INVALID OR UNSUPPORTED FILE
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset TV, replug back in and try to run video file again?
if not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to unplug the tv for 15 minutes but nothing has changed
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, is it possible to connect this HDD to any other TV as a test to see if that TV plays video files of HDD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes athome in my country i have a 52 inch samsung tv and this HDD is working, can play these films, that's why i was surprised when i tried to play these films on this tv, thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, it seems TV firmware (internal software) isn't working properly for media player, please try to upgrade TV software (firmware) by following procedure that might help to resolve the issue..
Please navigate on your main menu. Choose Settings and select Other Settings menu. In Other Settings menu navigate on to the Software for Upgrade item and press OK button to check for a new software upgrade.
While the TV is connected to an aerial signal. If Automatic scanning in the Upgrade Options menu is enabled, the TV wakes up at 03:00 and searches broadcast channels for new software upgrades. If new software is found and downloaded successfully, the next time the TV powers up , it will have the new software version.
If problem still persist then I'm afraid TV has internal failure and should be return to store if warranty has not been expired to get it repaired/ replacement TV.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech