Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a 50" 1080p Viera Plasma TH50PZ700B. Just moved house

Customer Question

We have a 50" 1080p Viera Plasma TH50PZ700B. Just moved house and when we tried to switch the TV on it makes a buzzing noise and the greem LED goes red and no futher noise is made.
Any tips? Would it be the power board? Any idea how much they cost to replace?
Its been a great TV but they are going for peanuts on ebay.
We also cracked the screen. Am I right in assuming the outer screen is just a protective screen and not an integral part of the actual plasma TV screen, so we could remove ot and continue for some tome to still get a good picture, it just may not look so good!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jack, it now has acknowledged my message. Looking forward to your reply. Cheers Geoff

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Sorry , got locked on another post while waiting for your reply
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
About that crack , was the tv working before you moved and this happened ??
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
What I`m getting at here is that your problem is directly related to that crack , there are no protective screen here that can be replaced and the plasma panel is gone which makes the tv practically unrepairable.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here but I`d rather save you some time and money for example having a local shop charge you $125 to come home and tell you the same thing. Now I`m sending the rating system and if you are to use it negatively then please do not bother , I cannot be held responsible for your cracked screen , just let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. Wow such a shame to have to throw it away!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jack, Such a shame to have to throw it away! Damn!

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the rating and yes i`m sorry but the cost of a new panel even if you could find one would be at around 80% of the cost of a new tv and then it has to be installed and adjusted which means probably costing more than a new tv