adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

I have just bought a Toshiba D1533 TV and dvd combi 32

Customer Question

Hi, I have just bought a Toshiba D1533 TV and dvd combi 32 inch and it won't play region 2 DVDs. It says wrong dvd. Any ideas of the hack code to change it to multi region. Can't understand why it won't play region 2 when I bought it from Argos clearance. Cheers.Rob.
Category: TV
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Some players are region locked by a chip and can not be set to play all regions at all. Were you told this was region free when you bought it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I wasn't told that but assumed it would play region 2 as I bought it from Argos clearance in the U.K. Do you have a code that I can enter to enable me to change the region code?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No as I mentioned already some players are region locked via chip there is no reset code for those. I will opt out.
.
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Did you try this? In DVD mode, press the eject button (ensure nothing is in the bay)Enter in 9879 Followed By ZeroPress the eject button again.Power the TV off and back On, and try and put in a region 2 DVD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try that one first but it didn't work as there is no eject button on the remote and no tray that opens on the device. Cheers
Just try the eject on the TV
If that doesn't work I am out of ideas, sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Any more help with this question from anyone?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello,It seems the professional has left thisconversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because theprofessional thinks that someone else might be a better match for yourquestion. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you withyour question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a littlelonger than expected.I wonder whether you're OK withcontinuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I willcontinue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel thisquestion for you.Thanks for your patience,Adam