info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My panansonic tv has a blank totally snowy.the sky box is

my panansonic tv has a blank totally snowy.the sky box is working but I can get no picture.
Help much appreciated .
The tv is about 9yrs old! screen
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter how are you viewing TV services?satellite box/cable box/aerial?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sat tv thro sky box and ariel

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter so your using the aerial input of the TV that comes from the satellite box is that correct?
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
If that is the case then there is probably a failing of the tuner (assuming you have tried all the tuning measures of the TV) OR of the loop through from the box to the TV, can you please tell me what themodel number is ***** the TV please found on the back of the set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TX26LXD60

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter at the very least this TV will have a scart socket, please connect up the box with a scart lead to the TV and then pick out the INPUT of the TV where the scart is with the TV remote control, this i a much better way of connecting anyhow than the aerial input (the tuner may have failed on the set)so this is a workaround but a win-win oneLet me know if you do not understand thisA positive rating is needed so I receive credit from the site thank you
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Please rememeber this conversation remains open
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Should you need to come back for more information later even after rating the answer thank you
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
There will be a scart output marked TV on the box and a scart input on the TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

I am an oap and a bit thick!!

I have taken out and refitted the start lead which comes from the sy decod to the tv

but still no picture !

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
aAAH so I see you already have scart OK I know your issue now
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
The TV is on the wrong input you need to pick up the TV remote and look for INPUT or SOURCE or EXT or AV and continually press that button
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Make sure the satellite box is ON
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
And you will see the box come through
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
At the moment because your seeing snow the TV is in analogue TV input mode via the aerial that is why you are seeing snow so you need to get out of that mode like I described above
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that pressed the tv remote not sky one ans now it just shows AV2 ??

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter you have changed input however usually you have to keep pressing the input button until you get teh sky box through

So its "cycling" or repeatedly pressing the button
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok

many thanks will keep presing!!

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Peter let me know if you dont get it on

I only receive credit when you rate the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post thank you

Anthony