Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic TX-32LSD60 I am unable to get any volume

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Panasonic TX-32LSD60 I am unable to get any volume when I connect a firestick, iPad or NowTV, do you have any advice please
Category: TV
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Try this with your Amazon fire stick first please>From the Home screen, go to Settings > Display And Sounds > Dolby Digital Output and make sure Dolby Digital Plus is set to OFF. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have this already set to off.

try powering off the tv, then connect the hdmi device then power on and check for volume next please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No joy I'm afraid. I have a great picture but no sound

Try this next please>Go to the Audio Setup icon with the button Press to select DIGITAL AUDIO SETUP and press Go to DIGITAL OUTPUT with the cursor buttons and press Go to PCM ONLY with and press OK to confirm Press setup to leave the menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Where will I find the audio setup icon? Which Button?

>please click here for set up guide<also try to Change the audio setting of the connected equipment to L PCM. Check the setting of HDMI input in Sound menu. If the problem is due to the digital audio connection, change to the analogue audio connection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried using the analogue audio setting using the guide above. How can I check if a firestick is set to L PCM?

the sound settings for the fire stick are Settings > Display And Sounds. Try using the hdmi2 on your tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot see an option to set sound on firestick to L.PCM

I have tried hdmi2 and that is the same, perfect picture no sound

Okay, this sounds like the tv is not capable of receiving sound from the fire stick. Do you have another device to try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, this is strange ad my father has exact;y the same make and model of tv and it works fine for him.

I cannot use, NowTV, iPad or firestick

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me how long you've owned this set for and when did the problem occur? Also, does the set process sound from regular AV connected devices (such as a DVD, Cable Box, etc.)? In other words is the issue isolated exclusively to HDMI connected sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does process sound from other connections. I can use the same HDMI port to connect to macbookpro and that works fine.
Problem is with firestick, iPad and nowTV devices purchased recently
TV is approx 5 years old
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, this doesn't make any sense if Firestick, Ipad and TV (?)- not sure what you mean by TV. But a macbook works just fine- this would indicate the problem is with the Firestick and Ipad. Have you gone into the audio settings and reset to factory defaults?