Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I own a Panasonic DVD Recorder Model No. DMR-EZ49VEB. The Operating

I own a Panasonic DVD Recorder Model No. DMR-EZ49VEB. The Operating Instructions do not appear to indicate how I can record a TV Programme on one channel while watching another channel. Can you help please?
Derek Bartlett
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello Derek, You cannot record one TV show while recording another on this unit. It is designed to only connect to the Cable Box AV output, and then record whatever channel the cable box is on. Unless your cable box has two tuners, or you have TWO boxes- you can only record the channel you are watching. In order to do what you would like, you would need to have ONE cable box connected to the recorder, and another cable box connected directly to the TV. I'm afraid that is the case with all such external recorders. The only recorders that let you record one and watch another are the DVR's outfitted directly by the Cable/SAT companies. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.