Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have only had the TV months .The TV won't switch on

I have only had the TV for 20 months .The TV won't switch on and the red light is flashing
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of the tv, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TX.P42X60B

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,and do you see any pattern to the flashing red light?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No its just flashing

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
OKay can you please unplug power to it at the mains for a minute, plug back in, and let me know if it starts flashing right away?If not, press power button once, then watch again for any pattern.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean about pattern

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
There is normally a pattern to the flashing light, indicating a diagnostic/trouble code. For example it may flash 10 times, pause, flash 10 more, or flash 7 times, pause, flash 7 more, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's flashing 3 times then pausing

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, primarily the A board and secondarily the P board, though there are half a dozen boards in these sets that can fail. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear as well. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size, once the warranty is past, replacement usually makes more sense, as you can get a brand new tv with a fresh warranty for the same price as repairs. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan