Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have had a samsung ue40ju6400 delivered today. However picture

Customer Question

Have had a samsung ue40ju6400 delivered today. However picture quality doesn't seem great but more importantly the screen goes black about every 10 seconds for one or two seconds. The standby light doesn't come on so it suggests it hasn't switched itself off. I have read on the internet this is happening quite a bit but the only advice has been to switch it off at the mains. That isn't a solution in my mind, that's a workaround. Does anyone know why it does it and how it can be stopped? Otherwise I will be returning it as it's completely unwatchable.
Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What is connected to the TV for a viewing source (cable/SAT box, etc.)? Also what type of connection/cable is being used from the source to the TV? Additionally, when the screen flashes, if you grab the Samsung remote and press MENU, does the TV's own MENU flash as well?