supercj21
supercj21, Customer Service
Experience:  Experienced in troubleshooting TV issues and circuit board level repair.
61965098

I am trying to install an android uk tv box on my Spanish bought

I am trying to install an android uk tv box on my Spanish bought smart TV. The box is guaranteed to work in Spain. However the initial install went ok. I had tv lists but no progs would open. Then I kept getting an override saying go to smart hub. gradually I got less of my install and the Go to Smart hub overrides any move of the cursor now. As far as I am concerned it should not be anything to do with Smart Hub
Category: TV
Expert:  supercj21 replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. What is the make and model of the android tv box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The android box is an MX Model HD18D

I think the Smart Hub has taken the opening screen of the Android as an app because it shows it on the hub screen and will not allow me to do anything with it.

Expert:  supercj21 replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the device connected via HDMI cable? If so look on the back of your TV and see which HDMI port it is plugged in to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is currently plugged into HDMI 3 but I tried it in HDMI 1 with the same result.

Expert:  supercj21 replied 1 year ago.
Ok turn the device off. On your TV remote press the input button until the channel on the TV changes to HDMI 3 and then turn the device back on. Please tell me if this allows it to work properly. I realize you may have already tried this, but give it another go with the method I just showed you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The only way to turn device off is to unplug it. Then there is no visible

HDMI 3 which is only visible from source button. It only becomes visible when I re-connect device and then I am back to square one.

Expert:  supercj21 replied 1 year ago.
OK connect the device and switch over to HDMI 3. If smarthub opens, press the smart hub button on your remote to close it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I do this it takes me to the opening screen of my device. BUT it then tells me to go to the SmartHub if I try any of the options or just click on an empty space. It takes me in a circle. Not allowing the device to operate independently or in any way at all.

Expert:  supercj21 replied 1 year ago.
Alright, I know this is not what you want to hear but the problem may lie with the fact that your TV is already a smart TV. The android box is designed to make your tv into a smart tv. If your TV is already a smart TV then that might conflict from with the setup. To verify this, do you have a second TV that is not a smart TV to test this on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately no

Expert:  supercj21 replied 1 year ago.

OK, in my professional opinion, this box you have was designed specifically for an HDTV that is not a Smart TV. I believe that is why you are running into all these problems trying to set it up.

supercj21, Customer Service
Experience: Experienced in troubleshooting TV issues and circuit board level repair.