info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I am unable to detect more than 31 channels on my new samsung

i am unable to detect more than 31 channels on my new samsung smart tv. aerial works for other tvs in the house. originally when it was installed had over 100 channels, then suddenly weak signal and retuning only gives me limited channels.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I suspect you have a problem with the distribution amplifier or the way you have the signal distributed around the home so to verify that please move the TV to a known good aerial point in the home and try the re-tune again let me know if you now have good signal strength and we will move on from there.

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid the tv is on a tv stand attached to the wall and I can move it myself
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
OK Lynn

Its almost certain to be an issue with the distribution of the signal around your home it could be the distribution amplifier bad or the way the signal is split or a problem with the cabling itself, the TV has poor signals that is why you are getting limited stations, its not a problem with the TV or is very unlikely to be.

You may need to get an aerial rigger to check the signal out, you can do this yourself but you will need a signal strength meter you can get one of those from maplins for about £15

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony