Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

TV model 22DL833B connected to roof aerial and Freesat. Turned

TV model 22DL833B connected to roof aerial and Freesat. Turned it off at the mains when going away for 3 days. Returned yesterday and eventually got TV - turned it off at red button on remote control when going to bed. Tried turning it on again after 18 hrs - it doesn't respond to remote control so red and green lights flashing. There's a DVD in there but can't release it as remote not responding. Have tried turing off Freesat bo but it makes no difference. Please in simple language help this 70 yr old who is technically challenged. Many thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2011 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv at the mains2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around L250 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size however, you're better off replacing it. You can get the current iteration of this same model for L225: http://amzn.to/1DYu0mS Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending other replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your advice which has confirmed that my TV~ set has died. Bereavement notice = owner has to purchase new set at cost! have decided to get separate TV and DVD player rather than two in one. Thanks again for help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I would completely agree with that course of action, the combined units are typically of lesser quality and keeping things separate makes maintenance and replacement both easier when needed.Here is a reasonably priced replacement you may want to consider: http://amzn.to/1hmATVs If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Nathan