Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have swapped over two tv's and cannot get either to start

I have swapped over two tv's and cannot get either to start up, nothing lights up, what should I do
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What's the make and model of these TV's? How long have you owned them for? Have you checked the AC outlet they are plugged into with another device- to see if it's the outlet causing the problem? The reason being is that two TV's having the exact same issue would point more towards the power source, than two TV's with identical failures.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I returned them to the rooms they came from and plugged everything as they were, both sockets work with other appliances, fuses checked but nothing , one is a toshiba the other a Sony Bravia both 5 years plus but the Sony used very little.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay, so when you say nothing lights up- do you mean the power lights on these TV's are not even ON? Or are you saying you see the "Welcome" screen, and then a No Signal, or HDMI message on the screen? Will pressing MENU on either of these sets bring up the TV's MENU? I'm trying to determine if you're referring to a TV problem, or a problem with the cable/SAT source? Additionally, when did this issue occur- was it after a storm or power outage, etc.?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took a television Sony Bravia little used that had the red light on to replace the toshiba, plugged it in just the same it will not light up at all took it back to the room it came from, plugged it in as was will not light up at all as if no current likewise with other set really baffling
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Well, if the TV itself will not even power up then this means the TV needs repairs- there is no other way around it. If the set came on and showed the SONY welcome screen, and then the screen was black- or No Signal- then we could accurately determine that this was a Signal problem, but since the TV will not even light up the screen- you have a defective/faulty TV. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.