Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Toshiba regza tv model 37C3030D will not show a picture

my Toshiba regza tv model 37C3030D will not show a picture on DTV mode but will on HDMI what do I need to do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info about TV to troubleshoot the problem. - What appears on screen when select DTV mode?- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Was there any lightning storm in area that might caused this problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no lighting storms. I have a black screen on dtv with some white noise when I switch off I get both a green and red light. I get picture on both hdmi channels.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

already tried that and trying to switch on to try and take any static away from control board. next?

the tv is about 6 years old

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I would recommend to switch it off at main for longer time such as 10 minutes as 30-60 seconds is quite short.If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be digital tuner failure which is mounted on main board and main board will need to be replaced in TV to resolve the problem.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How much would that cost to replace?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Used main board would be available at ebay around 20-30 Pounds and local TV tech labor to replace it in TV, please check following link to view main board image and price info..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOSHIBA-32C3030D-37C3030D-LCD-TV-MAIN-AV-BOARD-V28A00032801-PE0250-A-1-/181820162468?hash=item2a555381a4http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Main-Board-for-Toshiba-37C3030D-LCD-TV-Part-no-PE0250A-V28A00032801-/261521208822?hash=item3ce3e0f5f6I hope these info will help to make decision about this TV repair. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.