Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sony tv bravia KDL 32S5500 32inch LCD HDTV Picture/set switches

sony tv bravia KDL 32S5500 32inch LCD HDTV
Picture/set switches off (including green light) for 5 to 10 seconds when moving from other channels to BBC.
Tried re-setting several times without improving the situation
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem. - How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Purchased March 2010

Model No. 32S5500, Serial No.(###) ###-####dated 11/2009

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check if problem still persist?If it doesn't fix the issue then go to Setup option of main menu and select Auto Start-up option and press OK, this will reset TV to default settings and first time setup screen will appear, go through it and run auto program/ channel scan that should help to resolve the problem.Please reply back with the result and if problem still persist then we would be looking at failing main board of TV that will need to be replaced.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately unsuccessful.

I will call in the local tv services firm with whom I have had dealings before.

Thanks for your attempt to provide an easy and speedy solution.

Please cancel my involvement. Your attention was appreciated; would tick 'Good Service' even though not resolved.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply and wish you best of luck!Shahid.