Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Why does a symbol of a globe shaped grid with either a green

Why does a symbol of a globe shaped grid with either a green or red arrow in front of it, keep appearing in the top left hand corner of my Toshiba 40L345*DB? This happens intermittently and not every time the set is on. The one with the green arrow is always first, vanishes after a few seconds then the one with the red arrow for a few seconds
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. That globe/grid indicator is the symbol for the tuner function. This can indicate it is communicating with an external device (such as a dvd/dvr recorder that is connected), or it could indicate that new channels/information may be available (new guide data is downloading) or that the set needs a retune or software update. You can try going into the setup menu and running the retune (auto scan) function, as well as any available software/firmware update function you may find there. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. The set is connected to a Freeview HD hard drive recorder and also to a blu ray player. I will try the retune and maybe the software update if that is relevant. It is not a major problem as it appears only in the top left hand corner of the screen and after several short appearances it seems to go away. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that if I didn't ask about it might become a major issue. Does this seem the best option to you?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you don't see that icon appearing when you have a bluray playing, then it is something that is coming from freeview recorder box rather than the tv itself, so you'd need to run the retune/update in the box menu instead of the tv, if that is the case. No harm should come from ignoring it, this would just get annoying after awhile. Nathan