Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic blu ray home sound system BT230. When I

I have a Panasonic blu ray home sound system BT230. When I press power button on DVD an error message appears very briefly F76. What is the problem?
Also, my Panasonic TV TX-P42U20B has small fine lines running down the middle of the screen intermittently, what is the reason?
JR
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, F76 is a power supply failure with the Panasonic Blu Ray home theater per the service manual and this requires replacement of the power PCB in the unit, which costs close to what the system cost when new. Regarding the fine lines on the screen of the TV- these could be caused by lots of things- it's impossible to troubleshoot without knowing- what is connected to the set for sources, whether or not the lines appear over the MENU, etc. They are likely to be video noise appearing in the video processing of the TV- which would also require service to the set. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.