Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Hitachis screen is stuck on BBC2 can not turn over or o

My Hitachis screen is stuck on BBC2 can not turn over or off
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its stuck, it can not change the channel

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is the TV connected to Aerial or any satellite box such as Sky etc for channels?- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Please do not rate the answer at this point as we are troubleshooting the problem.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No did not work

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
How the TV gets BBC and other channels, through Aerial or satellite box?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Does TV menu screen come up when push menu button on TV or its remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Aerial

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
- Does TV menu screen come up when push menu button on TV or its remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nope

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, so TV is basically not responding to any command such as menu or channel or volume etc.If so, that means TV firmware (internal software) has been corrupted, we already have tried out to reset by unplug - replug TV power cord but that didn't work either so at this point it seems main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the issue, I have found main board on ebay.uk for 23 Pounds at following link if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HITACHI-42-42HYT42U-TV-Signal-Main-Board-17MB95M-Vestel-10093507-23225763-/221699762435I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fixed it myself. A button was stuck on the remote.Thanks

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nice, glad to know that problem is resolved.Have nice time!