Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an LG 24MT 355-PZ and I am trying to connect it to a

I have an LG 24MT 355-PZ and I am trying to connect it to a LAS455H sound bar I do not seem to be presented with any option to select an optical output in the Sound setup menu can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you certain you've provided the proper model number?I ask because that model does not have an optical/digital output.This is typical for the smaller and more basic "personal" size tvs like this. In your case, you'd need to use the 3.5mm minijack "hp" connector on back of the tv, in conjunction with a minijack to stereo (red/white) cable to connect to the soundbar: http://amzn.to/1NHIjja
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help, after a bit of questioning I had found that out , I also could not connect the sound bar via HDMI with ARC so in the end I purchased a new TV set

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Correct this model would not support ARC either.You could however feed any source device directly into the soundbar, then separately to the tv for video. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan