Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

What is the average repair cost an issue with

Customer Question

What is the average repair cost for correcting an issue with the TV Tuner module. TV is a Samsung UE40D7000 , 3.5 years old, with limited use.
During setup no TV Channels can be found, however, when using a different TV with the same Arial connector channels are found
I am in the Liverpool area can you recommend a Samsung Service Engineer for this task
Thx
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If the set is not finding any channels when the scan is run- then the tuner module on the Mainboard is bad- and the usual fix is to replace the Mainboard. This is usually a $200 repair on this set. Alternatively a tuner box (Humax, etc.) can be substituted- and simply run in line between the Aerial and the TV's HDMI or Scart jacks- this is roughly half the cost of replacing the Mainboard/Tuner in the set. However if you'd like to have the set repaired, the folks at the link below are located in Liverpool, and specialize in Samsung TV repair: http://www.samsungfixer.co.uk/tv/liverpool/liverpool/ If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Aric

The Company you recommended is appearing far from reliable. I have completed the Problem description on their website and made 10 followup calls. Finally, spoke with someone who asked me to describe the fault again and does not seem interested in calling back

I would advise you not to recommend Samsungfixer to anybody else

Thx

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I have no direct affiliation with them, I was simply trying to find someone in your area.