Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Samsung UE40ES6300 which is only 3 years old and

We have a Samsung UE40ES6300 which is only 3 years old and suddenly it switched off. Now, every time we attempt to switch it on, the red standby light flashes 5 times and then stops but the tv does not switch on. Does anybody know the reason for this please?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem. This is not an answer so do not rate it. Details about flashing power light for specific number of times isn't available for Samsung TVs.- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shahid. Yes I have tried this and it makes no difference. When I plugged the tv in, the red 'stand by' light comes on, but when I press the red 'on' button on the remote, the red light starts to flash. I also have tried pressing the 'on-off' toggle at the back and the result is the same.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to hear that, how old is the TV and is it still under warranty?I'm asking this because it seems TV has got problem with either backlight system or main processor chip on main board, sort of hardware failure and requires repair/service by TV tech and if TV is under warranty then it wont cost you any money, just call the number written on warranty card to get warranty cover.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tv is just over 3 years old (purchased in June 2012) but it only had a 1 year warranty. I have checked this in our documentation. So will this be an expensive repair?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
You can expect 100 to 150 Pounds repair cost from local TV repair shop as power supply/inverter board would be available around 50 Pounds and main board approx 60 pounds.