Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am trying to use my old cassette adaptor and VCR, last used

I am trying to use my old cassette adaptor and VCR, last used about 15 years ago but the adaptor will not push into the VCR. Too much pressure would have to be applied. The VCR will work OK with the usual pre-recorded tapes but not with the cassette. I have renewed the battery and cleaned up the battery compartment which was a bit corroded. The cassette adaptor is serial no. B540818KM Z. Also marked VQL7913 and VW-TCA7E. The VCR is model NV-HV61EB serial no. 14ZA00952. It would be nice to see the films which I shot many years ago using my Panasonic video camera. Any suggetions please ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, It would seem that the cassette adapter has failed and would need to be replaced. You can purchase a new VHS-C adapter at the link below for your Panasonic video camera VHS-C tapes to fit into your VCR: http://www.amazon.com/PANASONIC-Cassette-Adapter-VW-TCA7-Japan/dp/B0001KA6SA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441223925&sr=8-1&keywords=vhs+c+to+vhs+adapter If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Aric, I think the rating would depend on whether the new adaptor actually works. Can I withhold it till I have bought and tried the new adaptor?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. I'm not sure how I would have any control over the adapter working or not. You stated the one you currently had will not fit into the player, so a new adapter would need to be tried.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks again Aric. I have tried to order using the link which you provided but Amazon do not ship this item to the UK. I would be grateful if you can give me a suitable alternative available in the UK. (maybe on the Amazon UK website) or an alternative UK supplier who would have something suitable.

Trevor.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay no problem- I see now that it shows you're in the UK- sorry about that. I will check and postback shortly.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Here you go- I found one and the price was actually better than the first one as well: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Konig-VHS-C-to-VHS-Cassette-Adapter-Converts-Video-Camcorder-Tapes-to-VHS-Video-/281772500485 If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.