Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My sony smart tv will not let me go straight to you tube.i

Customer Question

my sony smart tv will not let me go straight to you tube.i press discover you tube shows up but have to go into a category then press back to let me into you tube.this has only started yestrday.can u help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Ho, What's the model number off of the back of the TV please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model kd43x8305c

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. Please try a basic reboot of the TV by following the steps below: 1) Disconnect the TV from power. 2) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. 3) Plug the TV back in and turn it on. Let me know if you have the same problem and if so- how long have you owned the TV for?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If that does not work, then using the Sony remote go to HOME----->Settings, then look for the option to "Reset to factory defaults" and press OK/ENTER. The TV will revert back to shipping condition and will need to be set back up but this is the most likely cure for the problem. Let me know what happens. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did not work refund requested , had to contact sony

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and sorry to hear that, this typically indicates that the issue is hardware-related, meaning the audio processing that powers the TV's speakers has failed. This in most cases does require replacement of a board called the Mainboard within the set. If the reset below does not work- then I can help you source out a Mainboard to fix the issue. I will need the full model number off of the back of the set in order to find one for you however. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up with sound. If not, then try this procedure up to 3 times, and let me know what happens .
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore my last reply- it was sent to the wrong question. With regards ***** *****? I don't handle any of that as I'm not a site employee. You would need to contact customer service from the home page for billing issues- not by replying here.