MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

DMR-EX86EB DVD recorder. I am unable to set up timer

Customer Question

DMR-EX86EB DVD recorder. I am unable to set up timer recordings, as the Guide Page doesn't show the TV programmes i.e. TV schedul

Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that,Are you in the US or the UK?And where are you getting the guide info from?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

UK. The Guide info is not shown at all via the DVD player, but is on the TV (also Panasonic). I can't record via the DVD, because of the absence of info on the Guide. This is a new problem, but very frustrating.

Hi thanks I understand.Did the guide used to show up on the DVD player in the past as I suspect, I just need to be absolutely sure of that before I can proceed;-)ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Thank you for that.This can happen for a couple of reasons.How old is your DVD player?
Also have you re wired the hook up in any way that could be an issue I don't think so though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A bit over a year old I think. No, not changed the hook-up recently.

Thanks again, please try this.Unplug your DVD player and your TV,Then wait 10 full minutes. next plug your TV and DVD player back in and run through the setup on both completely once more ( I know its a pain in the ass, lol) but I need to rule out something before I advise.Thank youTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do - but I think I have already done this, if not for 10 mins!

Hi it needs to be at least 10 mins to fully reset ;-)ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK; but not totally sure about running thro the set-up.

Hi I will help if you need me there as well.In any case, since this all might take a while, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime;-)Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have switched back on; been asked to set time on DVD player, and done this manually. Guide still just shows one yellow line where full guide should be.

Thanks for that.Who is your service provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Getting programmes via transmitter (?) Not satellite anyway

Thanks got it;-)
Thanks, ***** ***** case reset your transmitter.If that doesn't help make sure the guide info is still being broadcast by the sender.Sometimes especially in the UK these days, the guides have been taken down for service. I have had quite a bit of these calls over the past year.If you know who that signal provider or network even, they can tell you for sure on that if its temporarily disabled. If they say it is still available then you have a defect in your Player. The reason that is the signals for both guide and TV are broadcast on different channels on the same band. You may have a bad receiver IC or related to that circuit in particular that would be the cause. That would need an experienced tech to diagnose and repair for many reasons. If you happen to have these skills and equipment to work on this I will work on that with you if you would like as well.Either way is fine with me;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess I will need to phone our local shop tomorrow. Will leave all of this till then, thanks.

Hi Thats fine I will be here then, please rate my service to you thus far, there is no cost to do that it will keep your question alive and with me until you want further information etc.Have a great day!Tech MichaelPlease rate kindly;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help. I will recontact you tomorrow.

Hi your welcome;-) I will be here most of the day tomorrow, have a nice evening.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now postponed, as the man who was going to help is on holiday. Thanks.

Hi since this may take a bit of time to get back to, pleae rate at this time, it wont cost you anything to do that but it will lock us in so your question doesnt time out and you and I remain together until we have this all worked out. Also if you would like me to call you I can do that as well, it may help?Either way please rate kindly at this time.Then when you are ready and need my assistance, just write reply to me for that.Thank youTech Michael