Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have had a Samsung Smart TV which has worked fine until I

I have had a Samsung Smart TV which has worked fine until I downloaded an upgrade now I cannot access the internet I have even bought a new Samsung dongle but still not working when I try to set up a network it sees my router and I select it says it cannot connect can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please go into the Samsung MENU and reset to factory defaults. Then run through a fresh internet connection setup (entering the network info again) and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says unable to connect to wireless router

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
That's bad news. Please try an Ethernet connection directly to the router and see if you have the same problem. If so, then the TV's internet processing on the Mainboard has failed, and the Mainboard needs to be re-flashed by an authorized Samsung shop- or swapped out. Also, how long have you owned the TV for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 or three years

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
So.....you also tried a wired connection as I mentioned above?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please unplug your TV from power, then reboot your router. Use a fresh ethernet cable between the TV and the router, then see if the TV will connect. If not then the Mainboard needs to be replaced- and this is something you can do yourself, by purchasing the Mainboard at the link below for your set: http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/BN41-01812A-BN94-05970D-BN9405970D-BN4101812A-SAMSUNG-UE32E5500-MAIN-BOARDIf you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not yet I will need to get an Ethernet cable before I can try

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, the steps to fix this are below: Please unplug your TV from power, then reboot your router. Use a fresh ethernet cable between the TV and the router, then see if the TV will connect. If not then the Mainboard needs to be replaced- and this is something you can do yourself, by purchasing the Mainboard at the link below for your set: http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/BN41-01812A-BN94-05970D-BN9405970D-BN4101812A-SAMSUNG-UE32E5500-MAIN-BOARD If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.