TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

HiI'm experiencing three problems with my 40in Samsung

Customer Question

I'm experiencing three problems with my 40in Samsung led TV. It's model code is UE40h5500 and it is 9 months old.
1) vertical blue line down the centre of the screen. Visible during all functions, from TV viewing to iPlayer streaming, including during the self diagnosis test image.
2) many channels have disappeared. All BBC are gone. All HD are gone.
3) smart hub services have been reduced. There is no longer a TV guide smart hub, only games, apps and multimedia.
I have update the firmware to 2750.3 via usb (as advised by Samsung). I have replaced the aerial cable. And I have tried a full reset. All to no avail.
If anyone can offer guidance is be most grateful.
Thanks!
Allen.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
At 9 months old it is still under manufacturer's warranty. You NEED to request service directly from Samsung by calling the manufacturer's warranty service number. Tell them about the vertical blue line and the loss of aerial and smart hub services. The engineer will most likely want to take the TV back to their office to correct all these problems. You will need to have your receipt showing where and when the TV was purchased. This is what you must do to get it corrected.