Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I moved a Toshiba isis tv working before i moved it 1metre

Customer Question

I moved a Toshiba isis tv working before i moved it 1metre and when moved I put on standby but it will not work model isi-42-900-tvb1080pu
Category: TV
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Cleaning the dust can help, have you tried leaving it unplugged for a while yet? It can take up to 8 hours unplugged for some models.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its unpluged for 48 hours and when i take the back off and put hair dryer to remove the dust and so fort Do i look for burns on the board john
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
When you try to turn it on what exactly does it do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just shows a white light on the standby mode and sometimes it blinks when i walk pass it and does nothing else
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you try plugging it into a different outlet? Even if you run an extension cord just to test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did the same thing happen or did the light change to flashing? The flashing would be an error code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did the thing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts. Please do not rate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you email me if one of you gentlemen can come with a answer as I going out but can get emails on my phone please
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Initially- the model number you posted off the back of the Toshiba is not valid- can you please get me that model number? Also, how old is the TV? Please reply back with this info and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv is 3.5 years old The bar code on the back 10070431(10 12) top bar code Middle bar code is is -sn:6663424000251 Bottom bar code 10070431 1012 Regards John
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Just getting back online now. A Toshiba model would be something like 55LU200- that's the number we need. Those other numbers don't allow us to look up the set.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The number you posted originally is of the remote. The TV itself has a sticker on the back of the set with a model (for example: Toshiba 55LU200).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's Toshiba Sisi Tv and is made by Toshiba I have given you all the numbers that are on the back of the tv and the one that is handbook I am unable to find any other numbers I am sure that you can solve this problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am out today but I will do what you said tomorrow Arica if all goes well you will get your 5stars no problem Regards John
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay no problem. That is simply a step towards troubleshooting- so if it doesn't work, please reply back with the exact symptoms (color of the standby/power light, and blinking or solid), and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not working I done everything you said to no avail
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please re-read my reply:"That is simply a step towards troubleshooting- so if it doesn't work, please reply back with the exact symptoms (color of the standby/power light, and blinking or solid), and we can proceed."
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I have to run, but I will be back later to check on what I had asked. Would also help greatly to have the model which we still don't have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have given every no on the back of the tv and from the handbook You are the expert not me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv is on standby with white light and no blinking
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to opt out. Yes, I'm an expert but without the model number (none of the numbers you posted is a model- or close for that matter), I cannot guess what TV we're working with, and therefore cannot help you. The question is open and someone else will be along to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you Sisi 42 inch tv and it's make by Toshiba
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You actually posted ISIS first, now it's Sisi? That's still not a model however. I posted what a Toshiba model looks like, and if you cannot find that number, then I don't know what TV you have. I'll try once more. A Toshiba model number is ***** for reference: REGZA 42HL167
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's Isis and I looked it up and it is made by Toshiba Maybe we have different nos in the UK??
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No, we have the same models in US and UK for Toshiba. Okay, I just looked up the TV and it is NOT made by Toshiba. Isis is an off-brand 42" TV that is made by an obscure company. There are many complaints on the web about this manufacturer, and the issue you have is a hardware failure in the set- specifically with the Mainboard or power board which requires service. Unfortunately the average cost of repairs is in the $300 range and there are no resets or settings that will correct this. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Parts are available for these sets online, but testing would be needed on your part if you're looking to repair the set yourself. If you have a Multi-Meter then we can check the voltages on the power board and see where the problem lies. Again, my apologies for not being able to find this set- but it is not a Toshiba set. Isis, is it's own company and is what is known as an "off-brand" manufacturer. If you need further assistance let me know. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If you're seeing Toshiba marked on one of the boards in the set- it is not because the TV is made by Toshiba, but rather the same OEM makes some of the parts for this TV and also for Toshiba. Here is more about the parent company: Q: Who makes ISIS TVs? A: A Turkish company called Vestel, owned by Zorlu Holdings. They are the worlds 3rd largest & Europe's largest TV manufacturer.They make lower end TVs for Philip's, Toshiba, Hitachi, sharp & others & boast nearly a quarter of the UK TV market.