MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

My Panasonic SA-BT230 Blu-Ray Home sound system has a DVD

My Panasonic SA-BT230 Blu-Ray Home sound system has a DVD inside the drive . I can't get it to power up . A F76 and F61appears on the unit display ,but only for 2or 3 seconds ,then it switches off .What can I do ?

Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry to hear that, those are error messages and those two in particular are saying that the unit needs technical service.Did they appear the same time the disk wouldn't eject?We may still be able to remove the disk, Thank youTech Michael
Also how old is your DVD unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As this unit belongs to my son ,he can't remember when the error messages appeared .I have removed the disc .The error messages are still showing . And the unit still refuses to power up.

Hi How old is the unit?Also do you know what the error message says?That will help me a quite a bit;-)ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its about 2 years old now . The Errors are both letter F and numbers i.e. F76 and F61 .

Thank you for that information.This is an issue with the main board in this unit. Unfortunately Panasonic has had quite a few like this and there is no user reset for the problem. It has to do with an IC that fails on the main board, Its a component that requires surface mount de soldering and replacement.Both Best Buy and Sears will take this in for repair and they send it out. Both of these potions are good as the cost or the repair will be realistic and the quality of the repair is excellent in most cases. But any local home electronics store can handle this as well provided they make repairs. Many do these days.I know the part cost is about $45..00 + labor, you would be looking at about $100.00 total for this repair which in most cases includes a cleaning and belt replacement to keep the unit running for a long time.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael