Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have lost the sound on my Sanyo television

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.Please follow the steps below:1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power. 2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi That has not worked and now the screen has gone blue and says no signal

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, All you did was reboot your cable box- it's nothing detrimental in any way. Make sure you plugged the HDMI cable back into the correct port on the TV, then use the TV remote (not the cable remote), INPUT button and select the correct Input. If you don't know how to do that, then reply back with the model number off the back of your TV- since Sanyo makes 100's of different sets. Thanks.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.