info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I cannot auto tune my Samsung ua46f7500 to UK digital channels.

I cannot auto tune my Samsung ua46f7500 to UK digital channels. Can you help please?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome There is no shoot from the hip answer to this you need to follow a procedure and that is this >>>did the set go through the tuning procedure?you seen it scanning for channels but found none? Was the set previously working you have performed a channel scan and now cant get any?or have you just got the set? Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
I will come to the required checks after you reply to the above 2 info requests please Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set does go through the scanning procedure but only appears to search for analogue channels, of which there are none anymore in the UK. It doesn't go on to search for digital channels. The TV was previously working perfectly hooked up to a satellite system and would search
H for channels no problem.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Is there a D menu button on the remote?I am in the UK too Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote is a Samsung smart hub remote. The blue button is labelled "D", is that what you mean?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
It looks like we are having problems with the site
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Can you do a reset from the settings menu?
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
This will put the set into a first time set up
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
And then it should search for channels in the digital band ok
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how to do that it will be termed factory or shipping reset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have performed the initial set up ok but again, it only searches for analogue channels
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
If you did that correctly the set would have switched itself off....did it? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it did not. It sets up the wireless connection , scans for analogue channels, finds none, then moves on to request acceptance of all terms and conditions as regards ***** ***** features, then looks for software upgrades, then says your smart TV is ready to use, and then returns to a screen where it says there is no signal!!!!!! By that I think it means no aerial signal.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
You could not have activated the factory reset then as it will switch itself off ie reboot itself, I will have a look myself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, any further news, I still cannot tune my TV to digital channels
Peter Convey
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Peter has this set been brought into the UK?I am seeing that its a set sold in africa?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Peter Convey
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it was purchased in Africa, but does that make any difference? We are 24 hours into this query and no nearer an answer. Please respond soonest.
Expert:  info tech replied 1 year ago.
Wish you had said earlier, the set wont work on digital if you imported it, there are many reasons for that one being the modulation is different, you will need to get a set-top-box these are very cheap from your local supermarket and hook it up to the input it will work then
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post
Thanks again
Anthony