Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Purchased a Samsung UE55JS9000TXXU TV. I currently have a Pioneer

Purchased a Samsung UE55JS9000TXXU TV. I currently have a Pioneer PDP LX6090 TV(no integral speakers) connected to a Pioneer SC-LX57 AV receiver driving a 5.1 speaker set-up via HDMI cables.
How do I connect all this to the Samsung TV via its 'One Connect' box?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I assume you are replacing the pioneer tv with the samsung tv. You'll need to run an optical cable (fiber optic) out of the samsung box to an available input on the pioneer receiver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What does this do exactly?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
The optical cable sends the audio signal out of the tv/box to the pioneer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, but I am totally confused! Currently all audio and video signals from Sky box and DVD player go to the Pioneer AV receiver which then sends video only to the TV via a single HDMI cable. It cannot do that directly now because of the Samsung 'One Connection' box and its non-HDMI cable.

I have to get a picture to the TV via the box and presumably the audio is outputted from the receiver to the speakers as it does now.

How does the picture get to the TV? I thought a HDMI cable would have been the best way.

Or have I got this all wrong?

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Well the samsung one connect box is connected to the tv screen via a proprietary cable.That one connect box then contains all the various inputs/ports you'd usually find on the tv.You'll keep most things as they are. Run a single hdmi (monitor out) from the pioneer to hdmi input port on the one connect box. This sends video from all sources to the tv.Then you'll also have an optical cable from the one connect box back to the pioneer. This sends audio from internal tv sources (for the "smart" functions, such as netflix and other apps) back to the pioneer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got it!

Thanks a lot, Nathan.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1e81djv Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan