Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an LG 37LD490. I am getting sound but no picture. Both

Customer Question

I have an LG 37LD490. I am getting sound but no picture. Both video and DVD will play through AV1, we get sound only - no picture. When switching to TV via input on the remote, when I select HDMI1 or HDMI2 it comes up with a message "DISC play" and does not connect to Sky (I believe the Sky Box is OK as the green light is on). The screen displays the LG logo floating around with a message "No Signal". Any ideas please? Robin
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I've followed your instructions and nothing has changed.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, so TV doesn't display picture either of Sky box or DVD player and LG logo floating around on screen?Have you checked the connection cables between TV and Sky box, and DVD to TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, many times. All connections seem good!

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I would suggest to first try to upgrade TV firmware (internal software) that might help to resolve the issue, please go to following LG link and download software upgrade file along with software upgrade guide file that contains detailed instructions to proceed..http://www.lg.com/uk/support-product/lg-37LD490If software upgrade doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be HDMI processor chop failure, please try to connect Sky and DVD in analog video inputs like yellow-red-white AV cable or 5 color coded component video wires to see if it works, if so then you can either keep this connection setup or swap main board of TV to get HDMI inputs working in TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.