MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

There ive got an lg lcd tv 37l g6000 dosent show no image

Customer Question

Hi there ive got an lg lcd tv 37l g6000 dosent show no image or sound but is flashing red/white light... What i can do? Thanks

Category: TV
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there if u could ill be very happy... Thank u

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your TV?Also were there any storms or power outages you may be aware of just prior to this event?And, is there any pattern to the flashing LED (light)?Thank You,Michael
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there sorry ive been away for a long weekend and thats y im replaying late... The tv is about 5 years old and the lights are flashing in betewin white and red... We had a couples weeks ago a storm but wasnt that strong.. thank u for ur time.

Miguel.

Hi Miguel,When you press the power button in the TV(not the remote) does the set do anything, any clicks light pattern change etc?Thanks ;-)Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi michael

When i press "on" on the tv, the white circle goes from dim white to bright white... And nothing happens... And goes to white/red flashing... No image no sound no noises from the back...if i press again goes off from bright white to dim white and then no lights...

I hope this gives u a better idea...

Miguel

Hi Miguel thanks for that info!This is most likely your power supply inside the TV. Do you ever hear any clicks from the TV when you plug it in or try to turn it on?ThinksTech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi michael

Nothing at all...the most crazy thing is a tv was on... And gone... No noises norhing dead .... Ive see power suplies on ebay they quite cheap... I mighty give it a try... What do u think?

Regards miguel

Hi Miguel, I was going to recommend that as a first thing anyway because if you don't have a lot of TV service experience, or the equipment to go through a lot of testing, and your set is showing that the problem is most likely the power supply. And E Bay is excellent with a guarantee so I'm sure the supply will work.Don't worry, I will stick with you until your set is operating as it should. Without a lot of electronic knowledge the best thing to do is replace the entire power supply board anyway;-)Please rate kindly so I can stay on this with you.Thank you and have a wonderful weekend Miguel.Then when you have the part, simply reply to me for instructions or additional help. there is no cost to you to rate kindly at this time.
MasterFixIt, Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi michael..

Yeah ill be in touch ... Just waiting now for the part to turn up...

Thank u very much for ur help to this point..

Regards miguel

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi michael

The part turn up... Put the new/used power suply on... Like new... Im realy please for ur help and ur time...the years ov experince u got reflect how good u are... Once again thank u very much...

Hi Miguel,I will be available tomorrow all day;-)Will that work for you?Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All sorted thank u for u help... Lost the wating room chat but got it back tru my history on my computer... Tv working like new .. once again thank u