Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Good Day, I have a 65 inch Panasonic Plasma TV (Model Number

Good Day, I have a 65 inch Panasonic Plasma TV (Model Number TH-65PZ850U). Some time ago the TV would not turn on. An on-line technician advised me after discovering that the power light was blinking a certain number of times. I am unable to find that original advice and the TV, once again, is not turning on. The power light is currently blinking 10 times.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. A 10 blink code is the most common code in any Panasonic set, and it points to the Mainboard or the Power Supply Board not engaging. Sometimes this can be cured by a reset- but if it happens more than once, it's usually because the TV is encountering a hardware failure and does require component replacement. The only reboot for 10 blinks is to disconnect the set from power, then remove any and all USB and HDMI cables. Press and hold power for 30 seconds and release. Plug the TV back into power (leaving the HDMI and USB cables disconnected) then press power once. You can repeat these steps up to 3-4 times, but if it does not work- then the A Board (Main) or P Board (Supply) are in SOS mode causing the blinking and the set requires service. In this case, there's a troubleshooting flowchart from Panasonic which involves disconnecting board and measuring voltages inside of the set. If this is something you're comfortable with, let me know and I will dig for the flowchart. If this is not something you're comfortable with, and the set does not respond to the reboot, then you're looking at on average $300-$400 parts and labor for this repair at a shop. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If not, could you please click a 5 star rating for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.